Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 6356
Work E-mail: lbonen@uOttawa.ca
Dr. Bonen’s research program focuses on the structure, expression and evolution of mitochondrial genes in plants - events that are essential for the respiratory function. Dr. Bonen’s team is particularly interested in gene expression at the RNA level, the impact of DNA rearrangements, and movement of mitochondrial genes to the nucleus during evolution.
- Dalby, S., Bonen, L. Impact of low temperature on splicing of atypical group II introns. Mitochondrion 13: 647–655, 2013
- Choi, B., Acero, M., Bonen L. Mapping of wheat mitochondrial mRNA termini and comparison with breakpoints in DNA homology among plants. Plant Mol. Biol. 80: 539-552, 2012
- Bonen, L. Cis- and trans-splicing of group II introns in plant mitochondria. Mitochondrion 8: 26-34, 2008
- Hazle, T., Bonen, L. Status of genes encoding the mitochondrial S1 ribosomal protein gener in closely-related legumes. Gene 405: 108-116, 2007
- Li-Pook-Than, J., Bonen, L. Multiples physical forms of excised group II intron RNAs in wheat mitochondria. Nucl. Acids Res. 34: 2782-90, 2006