Work E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. White's research investigates the sources, fate and hazards of mutagenic contaminants in complex environmental matrices (e.g., soil, cigarette smoke, cannabis smoke, diesel emissions). His group uses a variety of chemical, biochemical, genetic and genomic technoqies to isolate and identify mutagenic substances in environmental samples, investigate the toxicological properties of these substances, and assess the risks of pathophysiological changes and adverse health outcomes.
- Jacobsen, N.R., White, P.A., Gingerish, J., Møller, P., Saber, A.T., Vogel, U., Wallin, H. Mutation spectrum in FE1-MutaTMMouse lung epithelial cells exposed to nanoparticulate carbon black. Environmental & Molecular Mutagenesis, in press, 2011
- Bourdon, J.A., Bazinet, T.M., Arnason, T.T., Kimpe, L.E., Blais, J.M., White, P.A. Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) contamination and aryl hydrocarbon receptor activity of Omega-3 fatty acid supplements: implications for daily intake of dioxins and PCBs. Food & Chemical Toxicology, in press, 2010
- Chen, G., Gingerich, J., Soper, L., Douglas, G.R., White, P.A. Induction of lacZ mutations in MutaTMMouse primary hepatocytes. Environmental & Molecular Mutagenesis 51: 330-337, 2010
- Doyle, J.R., Blais, J.M., White, P.A. Mass balance soil ingestion estimating methods and their application to inhabitants of rural and wilderness areas: A critical review. Science of the Total Environment 408: 2181-2188, 2010
- Maertens, R.M., White, P.A., Rickert, W., Levasseur, G., Douglas, G.R., Bellier, P.V., McNamee, J.P., Thuppal, V., Walker, M., Desjardins, S. The genotoxicity of mainstream and sidestream cannabis and tobacco smoke condensate. Chemical Research in Toxicology, 22: 1406-1414, 2009