Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 2245
Work E-mail: andre.beauchemin@uOttawa.ca
Dr. Beauchemin's research program focuses on the development of new synthetic methods and their application in total synthesis of natural products and bioactive molecules. Special focus is put on the development of efficient syntheses of nitrogen-containing molecules since over 90% of the drugs on the market possess at least one nitrogen atom in their structure and approximately one reaction out of six performed in the pharmaceutical industry involves the formation of a carbon-nitrogen bond.
- Rizk, T., Bilodeau, E.J.-F., Beauchemin, A.M. Synthesis of pyridines and pyrazines using an intramolecular hydroamination-based sequence. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 48, 8325-8327, 2009
- Roveda, J.G., Clavette, C., Hunt, A.D., Whipp, C., Gorelsky, S.I., Beauchemin, A.M. Hydrazides as tunable reagents for hydroamination and aminocarbonylation. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131, 8740-8741, 2009
- Bourgeois, J., Dion, I., Cebrowskim, P.H., Loiseau, F., Bédard, A.-C., Beauchemin, A.M. The tandem cope-type hydroamination / [2,3]-Rearrangement sequence: A strategy to favour the formation of intermolecular hydroamination products and enable difficult cyclizations. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131, 874-875, 2009
- Moran, J., Gorelsky, S.I., Dimitrijevic, E., Lebrun, M.-E., Bédard, A.-C., Séguin, C., Beauchemin, A.M. Intermolecular cope-type hydroamination of alkenes and alkynes using hydroxylamines. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 17893-17906, 2008
- Evans, D.A., Dunn, T.B., Kværnø, L., Beauchemin, A., Raymer, B., Olhava, E.J., Mulder, J.A., Juhl, M., Kagechika, K., Favor, D.A. Total synthesis of (+)-Azaspiracid-1. An exhibition of the intricacies of complex molecule synthesis. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130, 16295-16309, 2008