Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 6273
Work E-mail: Jonathan.ONeil@uottawa.ca
My research interests are focused on the early Earth and its evolution through time. I am interested in understanding the different geological processes in the Hadean and Archean that shaped our planet. Topics of interest include: the formation and evolution of Earth’s primitive crust; the early differentiation of the silicate portion of the Earth; the evolution and interactions of the early formed geochemical reservoirs.
- O’Neil, J., Boyet, M., Carlson, R.W. and Paquette, J-L. 2013. Half a billion years of reworking of Hadean mafic crust to produce the Nuvvuagittuq Eoarchean felsic crust. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 379, p.13-25
- O’Neil, J., Carlson, R.W., Paquette, J-L. and Francis, D. Formation Age and Metamorphic History of the Nuvvuagittuq Greenstone Belt. Precambrian Research, 220-221, p. 23-44, 2012
- Rizo, H., Boyet, M., Blichert-Toft, J., O’Neil, J., Rosing, M. and Paquette, J-L. The elusive Hadean enriched reservoir revealed by 142Nd deficits in Isua Archean rocks. Nature, 491, p.96-100, 2012
- O’Neil, J., Francis, D., Carlson, R.W.. Implications of the Nuvvuagittuq greenstone belt for the formation of Earth's early crust. Journal of Petrology, 52 (5), p. 985-1009, 2011
- O’Neil, J., Carlson, R.W., Francis, D., Stevenson, R.K. Neodymium-142 Evidence for Hadean Mafic Crust. Science, 321, p.1828-1831, 2008