Dr. Rasmussen conducts research in the field of environmental geochemistry and health, specifically field and analytical protocols for measuring human exposures to metals in urban air, particulate matter, and household dust. Her current research aims at understanding metal bioaccessibility and speciation in household dust and airborne particles, and refining filter-based methods for characterizing nanoparticles. As a research scientist with Health Canada, Dr. Rasmussen is the Leader of the Metals and Airborne PM Laboratory in the Exposures and Biomonitoring Division, Environmental Health Science and Research Bureau.
- Beauchemin, S., MacLean, L.C.W., Rasmussen, P.E. Lead speciation in indoor dust: A case study to assess old paint contribution in a Canadian urban house. Environmental Geochemistry and Health (in press), 2011
- Jamieson, H.E., Walker, S.R., Andrade, C.F., Wrye, L.A., Rasmussen, P.E., Lanzirotti, A., Parsons, M.B. Characterization of arsenic and metal compounds in contaminated soil, mine tailings and house dust using synchrotron-based microanalysis. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment (in press), 2011
- McDonald, L.T., Rasmussen, P.E., Chenier, M., Levesque, C. Extending wipe sampling methodologies to elements other than lead. Journal of Environmental Monitoring, DOI:10.1039/C0EM00440E, 2011
- Wheeler, A.J., Xu, X., Kulka, R., You, H., Wallace, L., Mallach, G., Van Ryswyl, K., MacNeill, M., Kearney, J., Rasmussen, P.E., Dabek-Zlotorzynska, E., Wang, D., Poon, R., Williams, R., Stocco, C., Anastassopoulos, A., Miller, J.D., Dales, R., Brook, J.R. Windsor, Ontario, exposure assessment study: Design and methods validation of personal, indoor and outdoor air polutions monitoring. Journal of Air and Waste Management (in press), 2011
- Rasmussen, P.E., Gardner, H.D., Niu, J. Buoyancy-corrected gravimetric analysis of lightly loaded filters. Journal of Air and Waste Management, 60: 1065-1077, 2010