Prescription Safety Glasses
The Faculty of Science strives to provide all the tools required for a safe research area and workplace. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) allows for execution of hazardous work and prescription safety glasses are a great tool to have if available.
The Faculty of Science has agreed to cover the costs for prescription safety glasses for full-time employees who work for the faculty but do not conduct research with a professor. This includes all staff that work in undergraduate labs, machine and electronic shops. This program is through Securovision and provides prescription safety glasses every five years.
- Contact the Faculty of Science Health, Safety and Risk (HSR) team to determine eligibility. If you are eligible, the HSR team will give you the Prescription Safety Glasses form
- Complete your eye exams and record your prescription on the Prescription Safety Glasses form.
- This can be done at any optometrist including Securovision
- Typically, Manulife will cover vision examinations to a maximum of $80 every two years
- Submit the Prescription Safety Glasses form along with your prescription to Securovision. The submission of the form will be at no cost to the employee.
- The nearest Securovision outlet can be found online
- This form will be sent to the HSR Team for confirmation and will be paid by the Faculty
- Pick up the time outlined by Securovision at the drop off location
- Here are some examples of the prescription safety glasses available. For more examples, contact the HSR team for the list of approved eyewear.
Health, Safety and Risk Manager
Telephone: 613-562-5800, ext. 6425
Tabaret Hall, room 332
Health, Safety and Risk Assistant
Telephone: 613-562-5800, ext. 4580
CAREG Hall, room 516
Telephone: 613-562-5800, ext. 6030
Tabaret Hall, room 378B
Telephone: 613-562-5800, ext. 6020
Tabaret Hall, room 336