Supplemental and Deferred Exams Schedule - September 12 to 19, 2017
The following information can be modified or updated without warning up to 48 hours before the exam.
It is your responsibility to check this web page regularly.
If you are already registered with SASS-Academic Accommodations and wish to write your deferred/supplemental exam(s) there, you must submit a request by email to the Exam Centre.
|BCH 2333||C00||MRT 211||19/09/2017||19:00|
|BIO 4350||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|BIO 4162||FSS 2005||15/09/2017||19:00|
|CHM 1100||MRT 256||14/09/2017||19:00|
|CHM 2120||C00||MRT 256||14/09/2017||19:00|
|CHM 2520||C00||MRT 256||14/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1300||3X00||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1320||3X00||FSS 2005||15/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1322||3X00||MRT 221||18/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1330||3X00||MRT 250||18/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1332||3X00||MRT 211||19/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1339||WB00||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1341||3X00||FSS 2005||15/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1348||3X00||LPR 285||19/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1700||3X00||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1720||3X00||FSS 2005||15/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1722||3X00||MRT 221||18/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1732||3X00||MRT 211||19/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1739||X00||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 1748||3X00||LPR 285||19/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 2322||3X00||FSS 2005||15/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 2377||3X00||LPR 285||19/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 2379||3X00||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 2384||3X00||MRT 256||14/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 3320||3X00||MRT 250||18/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 3341||3X00||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|MAT 3775||3X00||STE J0106||12/09/2017||19:00|
|PHY 1122||FSS 2005||15/09/2017||19:00|
|PHY 1321||MRT 256||14/09/2017||19:00|
|PHY 1322||MRT 211||19/09/2017||19:00|
|PHY 1331||MRT 256||14/09/2017||19:00|
|PHY 1522||FSS 2005||15/09/2017||19:00|
|PHY 2323||LPR 285||19/09/2017||19:00|
Important information and procedures
For students writing finals, deferred or supplemental examinations for courses offered by the Faculty of Science
- You must register for the supplemental examination at your Faculty.
- If you are writing a final or a deferred examination, you do not have to register. You must show up for the exam at the correct date and time.
- Always bring your student card to every exam.
- Know the course section you are registered in.
- During an examination, you must not have in your possession recording or communications devices that have not been previously authorized, including cellular phones. Turn off these devices and bring them to the front of the exam room as you would all other materials in your possession (backpacks, books, etc.). Students in possession of such devices will be subject to an accusation of academic fraud.
- Only the following calculators are allowed during Faculty of Science examinations: Texas Instruments TI-30 and TI-34, Casio FX-260 and Casio FX-300 (scientific and non-programmable calculators).
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for an exam, you will not be allowed to write the exam. If this happens to you, report right away to the Office of Undergraduate Programs of the Faculty of Science, Gendron Hall, Room 172.
- The Faculty of Science examination timetable is posted on the Faculty website, as well as in Gendron Hall. Be sure to check and re-check the dates of your exams, as errors in reading the examination timetable are not accepted reasons to defer an exam.
- If the final exam of a course from the Faculty of Science is held in more than one room, how do I know in which room to go?
You must consult the final examination timetable posted in Gendron Hall and on the web site of the Faculty of Science. t will show by alphabetical order of surname the rooms assigned for each exam.
Example: BIO 1540 A
GYM C: A – ESS;
GYM D: ETH-PRIM;
GYM E: PRIN-Z
- Random-seating for Faculty of Science final exams written in the gym, on the ice rink and in some classrooms:
- the gyms are identified - A and B, C and D, E and F
- the ice rink area is identified SCS 1, SCS 2, SCS 3
- the seats in each gym are identified with numbers 1 to 154
- the seats on the ice rink area are identified with numbers 1 to 190
- the back of the seats in some classrooms are identified with numbers
When you write a science final exam in a gym, on the ice rink or in some classrooms you are assigned a seat and to find which seat has been assigned to you, you must first know in which gym, ice rink or classroom you are writing. At the back of the gym, the ice rink or classrooms, the list of random-seating is posted by course and by section. Find your name and next to it you will see the seat assigned to you.
- The gyms and the ice rink open 30 minutes before the start of the exams
- When you arrive in the gym or the ice rink, remain silent, put your bags and coats at the front or at the back of the gym or the ice rink, find out where you should sit and get prepared.
- At the start of the exam, one of the proctors will check your student card and ask you to sign the attendance sheet.
- At the end of the exam, one of the proctors will pick up your exam and/or exam booklet(s) and will indicate on the attendance sheet the number of exam booklets returned. Make sure that the correct number of exam booklets is indicated. If you are sick on the day of the exam:
- If you unable to write an exam due to illness, see a physician before your exam. You must notify the academic secretariat of the faculty where you are registered and submit a medical certificate bearing the date of the absence within five working days of the exam date, except if extenuating circumstances prevent you from doing so; you must document these circumstances.
- If you choose to go to University of Ottawa Health Services, let the receptionist know that the purpose of your visit is regarding an exam deferral.
- If you write an examination during the period of disability specified on your medical certificate, you cannot later plead illness to appeal your examination results.
- Consult the Justification of absence from an examination or of late submission of assignments section of the Academic Regulations
Good luck with your exams!