Study Abroad, An Enriching Experience!
Students who are interested in participating to an exchange must attend one of the mandatory information sessions offered by the International Office before they can present an international or national exchange application.
Meet with an Academic Advisor and follow the procedures below regarding the preliminary course selection and obtaining the approval of the Faculty of Science
Please book an appointment with Julie Monette or one of our Academic Advisor :
Gendron Hall, room 172
Phone : 613-562-5727
- Make an appointment with the Academic Advisor.
- Upon the meeting, you need to have chosen your choices of institution along with the duration of the exchange.
- List of preliminary course selection.
- You need to present all courses for each institution;
- If you wish to have more courses evaluated than those available in the section called List of courses evaluated for host universities please send the new detailed course descriptions (# of hours, course title) for each courses subject to evaluation and this in PDF format to Mélanie Langevin.
- The evaluation results will be sent to you via your uOttawa email address.
- Deadlines to submit course descriptions for the preliminary course selection:
- December 4th, 2015: Ontario Baden Wurttemberg, Ontario/Rhône-Alpes, Ontario/Maharashtra-Goa Ontario/Jiangsu or for the Killam Scholarship and for any other regular exchange programs.
- February 1st, 2016: Any other exchange program.
Imagine having the opportunity to study in Europe, Asia or even Latin America for one or two terms. The International Office’s exchange program gives you the chance to discover new cultures and languages and gain new perspectives on the world, while earning credits towards your uOttawa degree! You even receive a mobility scholarship worth $1,000 per term. A pretty amazing opportunity, right?
If your cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is at least 5.0 and you’ll have completed at least 24 credits by February 1, 2016, you may be eligible to participate in an exchange during the 2016–17 academic year. Attend an exchange information session to learn more about national and international exchanges.
A list of exchange destinations, eligibility criteria and other details on outgoing exchanges are available on the International Office website. And for a bit of fun, watch the winning videos from our 2015 contest: