Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 2081
Work E-mail: rbalan@uOttawa.ca
Supervised Students and Postdocs:
- Graduate Students:
- Ndongo, Cheikh Bécaye
- Saidani, Becem
Research Interests: Stochastic partial differential equations, Malliavin calculus, fractional Brownian motion, Levy processes, point processes, strong approxiamations, regular variation, generalized estimating equations, longitudinal data.
Research Group(s): Statistics and Probability
- Balan, R. M. and Conus, D. (2016). Intermittency for the wave and heat equations with fractional noise in time. Annals of Probability 44, 1488-1534.
- Balan, R. M., Jolis, M. and Quer-Sardanyons, L. (2015). SPDEs with affine multiplicative fractional noise in space with index H in (1/4,1/2). Electronic Journal of Probability 20, no. 54, 1-36.
- Balan, R. M. (2012). The stochastic wave equation with multiplicative fractional noise: a Malliavin calculus approach. Potential Analysis 36, 1-34.
- Balan, R. M. and Louhichi, S. (2009). Convergence of point processes with weakly dependent points. Journal of Theoretical Probability 22, 955-982.
- Balan, R. M. (2005). A strong invariance principle for associated random fields. Annals of Probability 33, 823-840.
- Balan, R. M. and Schiopu-Kratina, I. (2005). Asymptotic results with generalized estimating equations. Annals of Statistics 33, 522-541.