Office: (613) 562-5800 ext. 6912
Work E-mail: Liang.Chen@uOttawa.ca
Dr. Chen's research interests are mainly in Theoretical Applied Optics. Researches are carried out in the following topics: (1) developing a system evaluation method that includes PMD, PDL, CD and other nonlinear effects, (2) the dynamics of SBS based fibre optic sensors.
- Chen, L., S. Hadjifaradji, D.S. Waddy, and X. Bao. Effect of local PMD and PDL direction correlation on the principal state of polarization vector autocorrelation. Optics Express, vol. 11 No. 23 3141-3146., 2003
- Chen, L., S. Hadjifaradji, and X. Bao. Analytic optical eye diagram evaluation in presence of PMD, PDL and CD in dynamic single mode fiber communication networks. J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, Vol. 21 1860-1865., 2004
- Kalosha, V.P., E.A. Ponomarev, L. Chen, and X. Bao. How to obtain high spectral resolution of SBS-base distributed sensing by using nanosecond pulses. Optics Express, 14, 2071-2078., 2006
- Chen, L., Z. Zhang, and X. Bao. Combined PMD-PDL effects on BERs in simplified optical systems: an analytical approach. Optics Express 15 2106-2119., 2007
- Kalosha, V.P., L. Chen, and X. Bao. Slow light of subnanosecond pulses via stimulated Brillouin scattering in nonuniform fibers. Phys. Rev. A 75, 021802(R)., 2007