Work E-mail: email@example.com
Validation of the applicability of high-content molecular biology tools, such as genomics (transcriptomics, proteomics, secretomics) in hazard identification, risk calculation and deriving regulatory oversights for human risk of exposure to environmental chemicals including engineered nanomaterials.
- Sarah Labib, Charles H Guo, Andrew Williams, Carole L Yauk, Paul A White, Sabina Halappanavar*. Toxicogenomic outcomes predictive of forestomach carcinogenesis following exposure to benzo(a)pyrene: relevance to human cancer risk. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, in press, 2013
- Husain M, Saber AT, Guo C, Jacobsen NR, Jensen KA, Yauk CL, Williams A, Vogel U, Wallin H, Halappanavar S*. Pulmonary instillation of low doses of titanium dioxide nanoparticles in mice leads to particle retention and gene expression changes in the absence of inflammation. Toxicolology and Applied Pharmacology Jun 15;269(3):250-62, 2013
- Andrea Rowan-Carroll A, Halappanavar S*, Williams A, Somers CM, Yauk CL.. Mice exposed in situ to urban air pollution exhibit pulmonary alterations in gene expression in the lipid droplet synthesis pathways. Environ Mol Mutagen. May;54(4):240-9, 2013
- Happanavar S*, Nikota J, Wu D, Williams A, Yauk CL, Stampfli M.. IL-1 receptor regulates microRNA-135b expression in a negative feedback mechanism during cigarette smoke-induced inflammation. J Immunol. 2013 Apr 1;190(7):3679-86, 2013
- Jackson P, Halappanavar S, Hougaard KS, Williams A, Madsen AM, Lamson JS, Andersen O, Yauk C, Wallin H, Vogel U.. Maternal inhalation of surface-coated nanosized titanium dioxide (UV-Titan) in C57BL/6 mice: effects in prenatally exposed offspring on hepatic DNA damage and gene expression. Nanotoxicology. 2013 Feb;7(1):85-96, 2013