Room: DRO 408
Office: 613-562-5800 ext. 6264
Work E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our research group is interested in developing new chemical reactions and processes for application in the pharmaceutical, fine, and bulk chemical industries. Transition metal catalysis and flow chemistry strategies play a central role in our studies. Towards the goal of overcoming the chemical industry's reliance on crude oil, renewable starting materials such as those derived from biomass feedstocks are employed when possible.
- Ben Halima, T.; Vanadavasi, J. K.; Shkoor, M.; Newman, S. G. ACS Catalysis, 2017, 7, 2176.
- Ben Halima, T.; Zhang, W.; Yalaoui, I.; Hong, X.; Yang, Y.-F.; Houk, K. N.; Newman, S. G. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 1311.
- Hua, X.; Masson-Makdissi, J.; Sullivan, R. J.; Newman, S. G. Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 5312.
- Newman, S. G.; Jensen, K. F.. The role of flow in green chemistry and engineering.. Green Chem. 2013, 15, 1456, 2013
- Newman, S. G.; Lautens, M.. Palladium-Catalyzed Carboiodination of Alkenes: Carbon-Carbon Bond Formation with Retention of Reactive Functionality.. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 1778, 2011