Programs of study
Programs in Chemistry
Chemistry opens the door to many careers: The study of chemistry ranges from abstract concepts to experimental problems, from quantitative measurements to qualitative effects, from the reactions of atoms to the properties of large polymers. Applications of basic chemistry have given us improved drugs, plastics, fertilizers, textiles, paints and fuels. Knowledge of chemistry is essential in monitoring, understanding and improving the quality of the environment, and in the development of new sources of energy.
Chemistry comprises many specialized fields and interacts with all other areas of science.
It is a central science of vital importance to mankind. Theoretical chemistry is closely linked with mathematics and physics. Inorganic chemistry has close ties with heterogeneous catalysis, material science and geology. Organic chemistry extends into the fields of biochemistry, immunology, pharmacology and biology.
Programs leading to the degrees of M.Sc. and Ph.D. in various areas of chemistry are available.
Master's in Chemistry
- Master of Science Chemistry
- Master of Science Chemistry Specialization in Chemical and Environmental Toxicology
- Master of Science Chemistry Specialization in Science, Society and Policy
Doctorate in Chemistry
- Doctorate in Philosophy Chemistry
- Doctorate in Philosophy Chemistry Specialization in Chemical and Environmental Toxicology