The Faculty of Science's Electronics Shop is a complete electronics service and development centre.
From ideas to design, prototyping and end product.
Repairs of any type of electronic device.
Electrical safety inspection
We are the only authorized service on campus that provides Ontario Electrical Certification (Hydro/CSA) pre-inspection.
Data acquisition development
- Extensive knowledge of DAQ and control.
- Up-to-date LABview programming and development
We have a variety of in house designed and built products you may be interested in. Such as our Universal Temperature Controller UTC 5000.
- Capable of controlling almost all furnaces/ovens up from -200C to 1300C
- Accuracy +/-2C over full range
- Any of the following can be selected (i.e., fully universal input).
- Thermocouple: K, J, T, E, L, U, N, R, S, B, W, or PL II
- Platinum resistance thermometer: Pt100 or JPt100
- Current input: 4 to 20 mA or 0 to 20 mA
- Voltage input: 1 to 5 V, 0 to 5 V, or 0 to 10 V
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday
8:30 am to noon, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm