Desktop Hardware & Software encompasses a number of offerings, including advice on choosing appropriate hardware, setting up your hardware, installing the software you need, managing your desktop or notebook and providing ongoing support and repairs.
Using recommended hardware and software allows you to receive the best, most efficient support from the CSG. Additionally, the managed desktop offerings for faculty, staff, and researchers relieve departments, research groups, and individuals of the responsibilities and costs associated with managing personal computers. Our software support offering helps you purchase, install and use a variety of software products. And if your computer malfunctions we can diagnose and repair it (certain restrictions apply).
- Purchasing advice
- Helps you determine if a laptop or desktop, or perhaps even a virtual machine, best suits your needs.
- Provides hardware recommendations for institutionally owned desktops and notebooks (in cooperation with Procurement).
- Diagnosis and repair
- Offers diagnosis and repair of hardware from most major vendors.
- Provides assistance with virus/malware removal.
- Software support
- Enables you to get selected software through site licenses and at educationally discounted prices.
- Offers software installation. There may be an associated cost; see service and pricing information.
- You must be an active member of the uOttawa Faculty of Science community.
- Must be supported hardware.
- Contact us for more information