Registration to the research project
1. You must ensure that you meet the minimum requirements:
- Familiarize yourself with the course description ( Honours Project ) available online under the Calendar to find out what are the minimum requirements.
- For students in Mathematics and Statistics Programs, the fourth year status is sufficient;
- You must have the minimum CGPA/GPA required (if applicable) by the department where the project will be completed.
2. Required documents for registration to the honours project:
- Fill out and have your supervisor and co-supervisor (if applicable) sign the appropriate Honours Project Form.
- Once the forms are completed, you can:
- Bring the forms at the Office of Undergraduate Programs located in Gendron Hall room 172;
- or send it by email;
- fax us the forms at 613-562-5274;
- mail us the forms at 30 Marie-Curie (172) Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
We will proceed with your registration during the summer 2018 after having evaluated your academic file.
3. Particularities for the registration of certain projects:
- Mathematics and Statistics: Prior to registration, students must obtain approval from the Associate Director of the Department.
- Physics students: Prior to registration, students must provide the title of their project and obtain approval from the contact person in Physics or the Assistant Chair Academic.
- Please note that it will be possible to complete an Honours Research Project while being in an Honours program with Major in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- For students in the Honours with Major in Mathematics or Statistics, the Joint Honours in Mathematics and Economics, the Joint Honours in Computer Science and Mathematics and the Honours in Financial Mathematics and Economics, the approval from the Associate Director of the Department will be required.
- An Honours Project will not be permitted for students registered in the Honours with Major in Geology.
4. For BIO4004 and BIO4009, a co-supervisor is needed when the supervisor is not affiliated with the Department of Biology.
5. For more detailed information relating to research projects, please contact:
BCH: Linda Baron
BPS: Linda Baron
CHM: Linda Baron
EVS: Alexandre Poulain
GEO: Jonathan O'Neil
MAT/STAT: Steve DesjardinsPHY: Peter Piercy